Date: September 10, 2018 - September 14, 2018
Venue: To Be Announced
Every three years Micah faciltates a global consultation. Our 7th Triennial will be held in Asia, with the Philippines being our hosting country.
The media tends to focus on the sudden large disasters that happen, yet missing the profound reality that a majority of people who die unnecessarily each year, die from local events that don’t reach our news reports. Those most adversely affected are from poor and often marginalised communities, who have received limited to no support. Compounding this problem is the ever reducing availability of resources (international and national) that could be drawn on for the meeting of basic lifesaving needs. Even when aid is supplied, building the community capacity to become more resilient for future shocks is limited.
Our Micah Global Consultation seeks to robustly explore how we can develop resilient partnerships and practices that draw on the gifts of all (affected communities, Christian ministries, local churches and international organisations) to evolve resilient communities.
This will require us to address issues such as:
- Resilience in the pursuit of justice
- Resilience in the face of compassion fatigue
- Resilience towards mainstreaming creation care in all we do
- Resilience in addressing poverty, ensuring we hold all to account for commitments made towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Resilience in partnerships, knowing that working together effectively is the realisation of God’s Mission
- Resilience in being people of peace, seeking the Shalom of each community, city and nation
- Resilience in addressing disasters both acute and long term
- Resilience in ensuring an integral mission approach is at the heart of all we do, seeking to enable the local church to be an agent of transformation in their community
- Resilience in speaking and living out the truth of the Good News of the Kingdom of God
The Micah Triennial Global Consultation’s theme draws us together to address these crucial themes that impact every aspect of our lives.
Visit the website here: http://micahgc2018.org